I ran across this article online – “Surprising Things Ultra Productive People Do Every Day” – by Dr. Travis Bradberry WOW – The secret!!!
Are you ‘ultra productive’? Or, just struggling not to lose your to-do list; let alone check items off?
If you follow me via my daily Facebook and/or LinkedIn tips or even visit my coaching website — you will not be surprised by Dr. Bradberry’s points. I, too, have been saying the same thing. His article has thus far received 7,016 likes —YES ~ 7, 016. BUT, who is doing what either of us says??
Newsflash – if you do, you can be!
Set that goal for 2017 – be ‘ultra productive’.
- Fight doing what seems to be ‘urgent’. That ‘fight’ makes you let go of the important – life/job/client sustaining goals. Delegate!!
- Only give your attention once [ 1x ]. Act, an keep moving.
- “Eat the Frog”! By doing the hardest (for whatever reason) task, first; you now free yourself to do the things that interest you. And your elephant has left the room.
- Do not multitask – you miss stuff and worse — you do not know it! And, then it is too late.
- Prepare for tomorrow – today, before you leave your job or business. Know why you want to return. Return with answers to a challenge. This give you PURPOSE.
- Agenda – have and use one. [your day; meetings; phone calls]
- Say “No”.
- Check your email at designated times – stop constantly interrupting yourself.
- Set alerts for important vendors, clients, customer
- Prioritize messages by sender
- Save rest of email for a later stopping point
- Use technology.
Practice these steps, starting now through the end of the year. Head into the new year with your defined ‘purpose of efficiency’!